Please see the links to the wiki on the left for detailed requirements. The project overall calls for you to develop a viable lab procedure for converting menthone to α-methylneomenthol or α-methylmenthol.
Your Task for this Session:
While there are many unique aspects to searching chemistry literature, the main process follows the flow of the general research process. For this lab, the specific tasks and the order in which you will cover them are listed in the tabs above. Namely:
1) Topic analysis on the reaction:
2) Types and selection of search tools:
3) Searching within the right tools and identifying specific articles/patents
4) Reading the abstracts to determine appropriateness and Selecting which articles to read
5) Locating or interlibrary loaning the full-text of the articles