Welcome back! Here's the library latest (subject to change, of course)
- CHANGES TO OPEN HOURS:
- Crane library east side (and the Lougheed Learning Commons through Sept. 11th) will be open from 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday (but expanded Crane hours are coming when staff hiring is finalized).
- Beginning Saturday, Sept 12, The Lougheed Learning Commons will be open: Mon-Thurs 8:00 - 11:00, Fri 8:00 - 8:00, Sat 10 - 2:00, Sun noon - 11:00.
- Building access will be via card-swipe with limited occupancy to control for social distancing requirements
- The 2nd floor of Crumb Library will be closed and access to materials in both Crane and Crumb Libraries will be mediated through our Library Materials Pickup (LaMP) service with requested material retrieved by library staff. Students, faculty and staff can use BearCat, our catalog to locate items they want and to virtually browse the shelves, then submit a request for materials they would like to check out (see LaMP instructions here). We cannot safely let patrons browse our books due to the length of time the Covid-19 virus can survive on the surface of library materials and our need to quarantine anything that gets used/handled for 7 days. This is based on the industry best-practices study (REALM project) for how long the virus can survive on various library surfaces/materials. Please PLAN AHEAD. This service takes time, so please look for resources well in advance of needing them.
- Because we are quarantining materials that have been used for 7 days, there will be no reserves or textbook collections (which circulate on a 3-hour basis) available this Fall.
- Library services will be offered remotely.
- Computing and printing are still available at both libraries but with reduced capacity.
- For Fall 2020, Library access, services and materials will be limited to SUNY Potsdam students, faculty, and staff. When pandemic restrictions ease we will welcome back community members.
- Questions about access to Government Documents may be addressed to Holly Chambers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More details as we get them.