Artstor’s Public Collections offer approximately 1.3 million freely accessible images, videos, documents, and audio files from library special collections, faculty research, and institutional history materials, as well as hundreds of thousands of open access images from partner museums.
1) Get to Artstor through the links on the library website. This is the free public version of Artstor.
2) The first time you go in, you need to register for an account using the links in the upper right. You can ONLY download images if you have a registered account. [librarian note: 7/23/21 it appears we still have full access? Marianne is not sure if registration is allowed for non-subscribers. How to use ArtSTOR will need to be edited].
3) It is best to use the Advanced Search feature rather than the basic search box
4) Browse by Geographic location: Italy (you may need to limit your search to "Public Collections"
5) Once you choose something from your results, the data/information associated with the object is on the right, and you can click the download button to save the image and data files. You must be logged in to download. Citation help is available, but you must check it for errors.