Only SUNY Potsdam faculty and administrative offices may put items on reserve.
A Course Reserves Form (Microsoft Word Document) must be submitted to put items on reserve.
Processing of reserves requests will take 3-5 business days.
Restrictions on Reserves
- There is a limit of 20 items per course. If this limitation poses a hardship to teaching and learning, faculty and staff may contact the circulation staff to find a solution that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- Material submitted for reserve must meet the requirements of the Copyright Guidelines. Material requiring copyright permission may not be placed on reserve until permission is received. The individual instructor is responsible for obtaining copyright permission when necessary. Please ask staff for information on how to obtain permission.
- An article obtained through Interlibrary Loan for personal research may not subsequently be placed on Reserve. Due to loan period restrictions, books obtained through Interlibrary Loan cannot be held on reserve for an entire semester.
- Copies of articles that have been on reserve in previous semesters cannot be placed on reserve again without permission from the copyright holder.
- Grouping articles together under a generic title is considered an anthology and requires the permission of all copyright holders.