Skip to Main Content
Goal 6: Market our strengths to our community
- Communicate the mission and goals of the libraries to the campus community.
- Communicate the value of the Libraries’ assistance to student success.
- Increase campus awareness of the libraries’ role in information literacy and teaching support.
- Plan and host faculty outreach events to serve Libraries’ communications goals.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the Center for Student Research.
- Effectively communicate the role, purpose, and impact of the College Libraries to the campus administration as part of the ongoing leadership and budgeting transitions of the College.
- Clarify and affirm our instructional support role in this community.
- Share and discuss results of 2013 Ithaka survey with various community groups.
- Intentionally collaborate with other campus groups that have influence over faculty opinion.
- Clarify and affirm the current and future relationship between the College Libraries and the Sheard Literacy Center.
- Begin creating a library of strategic influence documents that will direct the incoming administration regarding library goals and needs.
- Update the Minerva Center plan to reflect the work of the last 5 years and to accommodate the potential variations on proposed library construction projects in 2014-2016.
- Gather data to support and then request a systematic, predictable budget increase for the College Libraries.
- Gather data to support and then propose a hiring plan for coming years.
- Formalize our work toward marketing and programming in the College Libraries.
- Write and implement a College Libraries marketing plan.
- Implement a broadly constituted Marketing and Programming Committee to distribute the tasks of planning and executing of events and outreach programming across multiple engaged staff members.
- Normalize outreach and marketing efforts across both Crumb and Crane Libraries.
- Continue assessing the purpose and success of our web presence to our many constituencies, and evolving the College Libraries web services in response to that assessment.
- Consider building a faculty portal on the College Libraries website to enhance understanding of policies, services, copyright, etc. and enhance support of faculty research and scholarship.
- Develop a Crane Library strategic plan to supplement and assist in the 2016 College Libraries Program Review.
Resource Dependent Action Items:
- Showcase libraries’ use of Moodle for student employee management as a campus best practice.
- Formalize an Outreach Internship to maintain our social media presence.
- Build on our successful Outreach efforts, and expand our impact to build community, access, and understanding of libraries services.